- This way, other road users will have a better chance of seeing you and reacting appropriately.
- Use dipped headlights at all times. Research suggest that two or 3 front lights allow other road users to make more accurate judgment about distance and speed.
- Be aware of driver blind spots
- Flash your brake light when you are slowing down and before stopping
- Use your horn if you think a motorist isn’t aware of you.
- Consider fitting reflective strips or decals on your clothing and motorcycle. The best high viz colour in a rural environment is orange or pink. Two or 3 lights at front.
Look at the photo below. How visible is this rider?