- This way, other road users will have a better chance of seeing you and reacting appropriately.
- Use dipped headlights at all times. Research suggests that two or three front lights allows other road users to make more accurate judgement about distance and speed.
- Be aware of driver blind spots.
- Flash your brake light when you are slowing down and before stopping.
- Use your horn if you think a motorist isn’t aware of you.
- Consider fitting reflective strips or decals on your clothing and motorcycle. The best high-vis colour in a rural environment is orange or pink. Two or three lights at front.
Look at the photo below. How visible is this rider?