Here you will find out about the role of the Junior Road Safety Officer, along with lots of advice to help you make everyone aware of the dangers on the road.
What is a Junior Road Safety Officer (JRSO) ?
Junior Road Safety Officers help their local Road Safety Officer to promote road safety issues within the school and the local community. Each primary school is encouraged to appoint two JRSO’s from Year 5 .
Being a JRSO is a very important job, but it’s also really good fun.
Throughout the year you could be involved in lots of activities.
- Maintaining a notice board and making sure the road safety information is up to date
- Talking in an Assembly or in Class on road safety themes
- Arranging competitions
- Awarding certificates
- Using the JRSO website
- Helping to appoint next year’s JRSO
Are you a JRSO?
Information for JRSO Scheme 2019 – 2020
- JRSO Calendar
- JRSO’s WANTED!
- JRSO Guide for Schools
- JRSO Handbook
- JRSO Info and Tips
- Road Safety Websites
- Walk To School Week Newsletter 2019
- Autumn Poetry Competition
- Autumn Poetry Competition Writing Template
- Spring 2020 Newsletter
JRSO Modeshift and STARS
Get creative and produce your own activities to help other children learn about road safety.
You could produce:
- Spot the differences
Contact the road safety team for further information on 01609 780780