- Make sure that your lights are working properly before driving at night.
- Make sure that your windscreen wipers are working properly, if you’re driving at night in bad weather you’re really going to need them.
- Take a break if you start to feel tired. Make sure that you stop in a safe place, have two cups of coffee or a high-caffeine drink and rest for 15 minutes.
- Don’t go on any long journeys at night if you’re already feeling tired.
- It can be more difficult to judge speed and distance at night so pay extra attention when overtaking or when approaching intersections, roundabouts and junctions.