If you’ve recently passed your driving test but want to gain more experience and reduce your risk of a collision then go on a pass plus course.
There’s no test to take and simply by completing the Pass Plus sessions you can receive discounts of up to 30 percent on your car insurance.
The scheme is backed by insurance companies, the Government and the Driving Standards Agency (DSA).
The pass plus modules cover:
- Driving in town – helping you to deal with rush-hour traffic.
- Driving in all weather – showing you how to cope with the perils of winter driving.
- Driving out of town – teaching you about hidden hazards in rural areas.
- Driving at night – teaching you about reading the road in the dark.
- Driving on dual carriageways – building your confidence in this environment.
- Driving on motorways – developing your skills in observation, anticipation, planning and consideration.
You have to achieve a standard on each module before the modules can be signed off. Once all modules have been completed the form is sent to the DSA and a certificate is issued.
To find out more about the scheme, and who your nearest Pass Plus instructor is, call the DSA Pass Plus team on 0115 901 2632 or visit www.passplus.org.uk to find out more.